Biostep Silver Collagen Matrix Dressings from EnsureMedical.com is a unique collagen matrix dressing that aids wound closure while maintaining an optimal moist healing environment and providing a 6-day wear time for prolonged control and minimal discomfort. CMC contained within the conformable dressing adds structure for ease of application and gels on contact with moisture, which enhances patient comfort by creating a soothing and cooling sensation. Alginate absorbs large amounts of exudate and transports it away from the wound bed to the secondary dressing, maintaining moisture balance. Contains both EDTA for anti-MMP activity and silver to help disinfect wounds. Both type 1 and denatured (gelatin) porcine-derived collagen permanently deactivate excess MMPs by serving as sacrificial substrates for a broad array of MMPs which are found in excess within, and prolong chronic wounds. Biostep Silver Collagen Matrix Dressings Features:
- Management of full-thickness and partial-thickness acute and chronic wounds.
- Unique Dual-Action MMP Targeting & Deactivation.
- Gentle on patients and easy to use.
- Effectively manages moisture to allow treatment of various ulcers, first and second degree burns, abrasions, and surgical/donor/graft sites.
- Not for use on patients with a known sensitivity to porcine collagen or any other ingredient.
- Do not use on third degree burns.
Part numbers: 66800126, 66800122