Biostep Collagen Matrix Dressings from EnsureMedical.com aid wound closure and maintain an optimal moist healing environment, while providing a 6-day wear time for prolonged control and minimal discomfort. CMC contained within the conformable dressing adds structure for ease of application and gels on contact with moisture, which enhances patient comfort by creating a soothing and cooling sensation. Alginate absorbs large amounts of exudate and transports it away from the wound bed to the secondary dressing, maintaining moisture balance. Contains EDTA for anti-MMP activity: Both type 1 and denatured (gelatin) porcine-derived collagen permanently deactivate excess MMPs by serving as sacrificial substrates for a broad array of MMPs which are found in excess within, and prolong chronic wounds.
Biostep Collagen Matrix Dressings Features:
- Easy and patient friendly management of full-thickness and partial-thickness acute and chronic wounds.
- Unique Dual-Action MMP Targeting & Deactivation.
- Effectively manages moisture to allow treatment of various ulcers, first and second degree burns, abrasions, and surgical/donor/graft sites.
- Not for use on patients with a known sensitivity to porcine collagen or any other ingredient.
- Do not use on third degree burns.
Part numbers: 66800124, 66800125